Symantec Client Management Suite helps reduce the cost of deploying and managing desktops and laptops from a centralized location in your environment. The solution offers OS deployment, configuration, PC “personality” migration, and software deployment across hardware platforms and OS types to reduce end-user downtime and increase IT efficiency through automated, repeatable deployment processes.
For example, you can build a reference system with your standard OS and applications and then mass-deploy a hardware independent image of the reference system to your new and existing systems. Because every system is unique, you can assign security IDs (SIDs) and configure user names, IP addresses, and other network settings. In addition to supporting a wide variety of hardware types, Client Management Suite also supports multiple operating systems, including Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®. Deploying desktops and laptops has never been easier.
Key Deployment features include:
- Scalable, enterprise deployment for desktops and laptops across Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Web console, well suited for distributed access and detailed security models
- Support for Windows PE and Linux pre-boot environments
- Support for hardware independent image deployments
- Hands-free migration
- Ability to configure new systems using imaging, scripting, or a combination of both